How do I know? Well, let me tell you it’s not the cool temperatures, the boots, the scarves, or gloves because here in Houston I’m still wearing my skirts, flip flops, shorts, and tank tops.
It’s the butternut squash!!! And the boat load of butternut squash recipes.
Much to my delight, Whole Foods had a pack of butternut squash pre-cut. No, I’m not lazy, but these baby fingers begin to hurt 4 seconds into cutting through one of those bad boys. Even worse is peeling away the skin. So when I found pre-cut butternut squash I took it and ran (to the cash register).
Apple Cider Glazed Butternut Squash
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. spiced apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat butternut squash with oil and place in a glass baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- While the squash is roasting, heat the apple cider vinegar in a small saucepan over high medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 10 minutes.
- Toss butternut squash with apple cider vinegar reduction.
A little apple flavor, a little butternut squash, and little Walking Dead . . . the night complete.