I love Honey Crisp Apples. I love them with peanut butter, on a plate, in the car, while teaching, practically anywhere, with anything, and any how I can get them.
So, when I come home after work CRAVING apples I have one of two choices: A. Slice one up and smother peanut butter on it or B. have apples with my dinner. Incorporate it into my dinner it is!
And what better partner than Brussels Sprouts. Quite the fall combination if I do say so myself.
It was as easy as wash, cut, season, and roast.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts + Apples
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, cut lengthwise
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss Brussels Sprouts and apple slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until Brussels Sprouts are tender and browned on edges, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Transfer Brussels Sprouts and apple to large bowl. SERVE!
Told you it was as easy as 1, 2, 3! Now give it a try and let me know if you love having apples for dinner as much as I do!