I just got back from the Texas Counselors Association Conference in Galveston! It was two days filled with everything from new techniques to networking, presenting new research to being updated on old. It was so motivating to see all different types of counselors share their experiences. It revived my motivation to get my LPC and lit a fire of love in me for my new profession. And yes I said lit a fire of love because I left that conference feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on any client/student that walked into my room. That’s the power of professional development ladies and gentlemen.
Over the next few days, I’ll tell you everything I learned and give you the low down on my new knowledge, but for now . . . here are some mini cupcake meat loaves (not really cupcakes, just cooked in a cupcake pan).
Mini Cupcake Meat Loaves
Adapted from Cooking Light The Essential Dinner Tonight Cookbook
Disclaimer: Don’t worry. These are not really cupcakes with meat in them. Just meat loaves cooked in a cupcake pan.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 lb ground Sweetwater buffalo
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 flax egg – 1 tablespoon flax seed + 2 tablespoons water – mix and let rest for 2 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine ketchup and mustard. Reserve 2 1/2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Combine buffalo, onions, breadcrumbs, spices, and flax egg with the ketchup mixture. Stir to combine.
- Divide buffalo mixture into 8 – 12 sections of the cupcake pan, depending on desired size of cupcake.
- Spread remaining ketchup mixture on top of each mini meat loaf.
- Bake for 25 minutes.