Spence, Ocean, and I just got back from a 10 day excursion to Colorado. And by we just got back I mean we got back 5 days ago and it’s taken me that long to figure out how to live in Houston again, how to organize my life, and most importantly, it took me that long to catch up with 3 great friends all of Wednesday!
While in Colorado, I was taken back to all the reasons I grew up loving my home state.
Summer in Colorado =
- Hikes in the mountains overlooking the city
- Driving with all the windows down and no A/C
- Afternoon thunderstorms that quickly come and quickly go
- Bright blue skies (and the pretty white clouds)
- Sunsets over the mountains
- Cool breezes coming through my bedroom windows in the morning
- The sounds of birds and squirrels playing in the trees that wake me up each morning
- Wearing a jacket to happy hour (or a blanket)
- Driving in a convertible with the top down
- Hot air balloons on any given day
These are the wonderful things that make me so very proud to be a Coloradan!